Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 15 December 2017

Cyrus the Great army update

Lot's of individual units so far, seems about time to do an update on the army.



Most units have been seen before. These archers are from Harry's collection and haven't been altered by me other than rebasing.

These are one of my conversions - PE4 with the bowcase removed and shield replaced by a Rose violin shaped one. One of the nicer aspects of these armies is the sheer number of conversions in them - seems to add to the satisfaction somehow.

One day finding myself sitting in a room in a community centre for 3 hours (waiting for a student I assumed wasn't coming  in advance) I spent part of the time drawing up and cutting out cabs for a few chariots and a couple of war wagons. One General's chariot and two warwagons well on the way to completion, couple more scythed chariots will follow. That should then just about complete this army. Probably.








8 comments:

  1. Its a fine looking army. Its a shame Harry sold his figures as I did love his blog and occasional articles. I particularly like the javelin men, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is a shame, though I suppose as I got the vast majority of his collection I shouldn't be too unhappy about it... over the years Harry and I swapped/bought/sold a lot of figures to/from each other. I still tend to look over his old blogs sometimes. Strangely, though lots of emails between us, only actually met him twice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Complete...com-plete... A relative term really.

    Good looking hordes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, very relative, and I don't really believe it for an instant. I might be distracted by other armies but at some stage this one will be revisited...

      Delete
  4. Who can't love an army with a war wagon? Great looking troops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit I was surprised both by how good they looked and how easy it turned out to make them!

      Delete