Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 15 November 2017

DBA I/60(b) The army of Cyrus the Great

An unexpected 'free' day meant being able to finish the warwagon. So, seemed churlish to hold back on the army photos.

For the photos I've just used units from my main Persian rather than painted 'new' units. The only new ones are the scythed chariot and warwagon, though 3 of the sparabara elements are from the 'base' I/60 army.


Finished warwagon. Think I'll do 2 others.


In theory the camels should be 3Cm but I could only get 2 on a base... and somehow this figure seems to fit the army better than my standard 3Cm units.
















5 comments:

  1. God this takes me back to my Persian army. What a wonderful sight.Youve got to 'do' some cilibanarii from Garrison. Probably never fought for Cyrus but what did we know back then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got quite a few of them already in 'my' armies, just I put them on unarmoured horses and they act as pretty faithful versions according to Herodotus. However, I do have some old ones that are part of my Charles Grant collection so I'll post pictures of them...

      Delete
  2. Now that's what I call a colourful army - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colourful seems to be my style at the moment.

    ReplyDelete