Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 27 August 2017

PB8s Greek Mercenary Hoplite

Never liked this figure - difficult to put them in two ranks.

These are the original PB range, back whgen they were still considered to by part of the 'S' Range. I had 2 units of these, the first unit is... somewhere... these belong to the second lot I painted up. Doubt whether these will ever see action again but might 'copy' some of the shield patterns. Officer and standard bearer are Hinchliffe.



Meanwhile, as far as current painting goes - about 50 later hoplites being painted, about the number cast and ready. My second melting pot has now been repaired and returned so I decided to use up the metal in it - now, should be the same composition metal as I'm using now, but casts much easier - so I'm going through some of my harder to cast figures. Sorted loads of early Achaemenids for painting.

So, should be done with casting in next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment