Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday 31 August 2017

Athenian Hoplites

Taken a while, mainly because I started doing the next unit with them - mostly shields left to do on those. so should have that unit finished in a couple of days as well.

The Athenian shields show a lot of owls and As to represent Athens. I've included some bull's heads to represent a Theseus and the Minotaur theme plus triremes and dolphins to represent the fleet and the sea. Adding a few other designs to the mix and, overall, hope the effect is a good representation of 'Athens'.



Time now to think about the next things to do. My original idea was for the summer to be Newhaven based - set up scenarios, sort rules, make more buildings. Instead it's been about casting issues, getting 2 melting pots repaired and painting about 150 hoplites. Still got another 50 to paint plus the elite units but, frankly, getting a bit hoplite weary.

So, two main choices. I've got enough figures cast to get the Early Imperial Romans done, giving me another DBA army in the current project. Or I could get back to the Vanha - lots of swordsmen and archers cast and ready to go.

Romans would need about 50 figures and I'd have to find the RAFM scorpios I've got - Garrison version I don't like as much. Vanha open ended - once strarted could easily run to about 80 infantry at which point I would probably add a couple more cavalry units. I keep changing my mind. Could even add more pikes and crossbows to the Republic of Cataplana!

Still, it's nice to have both the choice and the figures available.



No comments:

Post a Comment