Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday 7 July 2016

Sarissa Manor House - first disappointment

Currently trying to make this as part of Miskatonic U. Gatehouse done, great, right up to the standard I've started to expect. Manor House? Every joint is so tight, and in some cases just don't fit. Result? I think this one is going to be an expensive wreckage.

Quite simply, I've made up a dozen or kits so far, generally nothing but good things to say, but if this lemon had been the first one I'd bought there wouldn't have been a second.

4 comments:

  1. That's a pity - have you been in touch with Sarissa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'll keep at it for a while. A lot of it will just involve sandpaper... but this is the first kit where the joints have been a problem, so perhaps I'm just spoiled.

      Delete
    2. Just smashing things up, so message sent: Sorry to be voicing dissatisfaction for one of your products - made a dozen or so and said nice things about them - starting with http://easterngarrison.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/sarissa-buildings.html - but I'm afraid one of my latest ones, the Manor House, doesn't come up to scratch. Basically, the parts don't fit - slots are too small for the stubs to go in, and trying trying to force parts into place has just resulted in the thing getting smashed up. Again, I've made buildings from you Old Europe, Gaslamp Alley, City Block and South of the Border ranges and not encountered this.

      Delete
    3. With the answer from Sarissa, and knowing it's thickness of the mdf, I'm shaving every stub down and trying toput something together - not perfect, the damage had been done, but if nothing else it's a useful exercise and will give me something I can practice paint schemes on! Meanwhile,acts as a dry run for the replacement when it arrives.

      Delete