Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 20 May 2016

Grant update

OK, the original idea was to just do one unit of peltasts, then I did two, plus the cavalry and phalangites...


 I've added a general to this lot - a Garrison figure painted by Harry.
  

I will have to do some work on the  heavy cavalry spears.

Only have 11 of these light cavalry. Like the shields on these.

The phalangite figure is converted from an artilleryman figure. At the moment it's a 24 strong unit, when I find the other 20...

I like the way these figures are painted. Two 24 figure peltast units seems about right.

Other light infantry include more of the above as psiloi plus archers and slingers. Considering I hadn't originally intended to rebase many of the above I suspect most of this lot will soon be receiving my attention.

At some time I'll do more of these Dacians-painted-as-Thracians. Not sure when.



No comments:

Post a Comment