Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 18 February 2015

An old Indian DBA army

My armies have been developed over the years for lots of different reasons. This one was made from figures that were lying around to provide an army for my son when he started wargaming. It was a long time ago.

So, nothing fancy, a mix of early Warrior, early PB Minifigs, Britain's elephants and chariots converted from Airfix.  Very basic paint jobs.
 The elephants are Britain's with Minifigs PB crews. Costumes are rather garish to suggest rich silks and metallic threads.
 The chariots are Roman horses on a built up Ancient British base. Wheels would be from something like Civil War artillery with alternate spokes removed. Crew are Warrior, the charioteers being spearmen with shields removed.
 The cavalry are early PB.
Infantry are again Warrior.
The army itself did quite well as I recall. I have vague memories of one battle where I was using Ancient Brits against it and my warbands kept bouncing of the elephants. I think Steven won that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment