Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Atlantic Egyptians

Currently having a major sort through everything and found these. I don't think they're all there  - at least one red chariot with standard bearer and I also think I had a spears unit with red spears as well. Hard to think that back in the late 70s I looked on this as a cheap army - mainly because a model shop in Chester got rid of all it's stock at ridiculous prices.


Note the lack of charioteers - I just used to add loose figures when required. The figures that came with the chariots formed my archery units.


The horse is a favourite of mine and got used for  lot of other chariots in the past.


 I think this Guard unit started life as Trojans... note my default shield design.


The regular infantry - sure I had another unit of spears

   Regular archers and cavalry - can't remember which Atlantic figure I converted them from, I think one of the 'Red Indian' sets.

  Nubians - note a few from the Airfix Tarzan side hiding in their midst!





4 comments:

  1. These are great, I still have the Sphinx and Pharoah's court somewhere about...must get them out to paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't got the Sphinx, but Pharoah's court (I think) provided some of the fan-bearers acting as standard bearers.

      Delete
  2. beautiful figures... the display of your army looks stunning..great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh wow. I had those when I was a child. They were sold here in Germany for around 1 Deutsche Mark when I was a kid....
    Nice to see them again.

    ReplyDelete