Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday 6 November 2014

Some of the little people

There was another time when I was tempted by 15mm. Didn't last long, painted some Macedonians, Greeks,Persians and Assyrians then stopped. The figures were mainly Donnington, Essex and Chariot. I think. But don't ask me which were which.

Haven't done any photos of my Assyrians yet, but here are a few of the Macedonians, Greeks and Persians.

The Greeks:
The hoplites
This shield pattern later adorned a unit of 20mm Garrison G3
 

The Macedonians:
The army
Phalangites
Companions
Peltasts
Elephants - the head on this model always looked weird.
 The Persians

Must take some photos of my Persian cavalry as well..

 

 

 


2 comments:

  1. Nice pics. The companions look cool.
    15mm was once my preferred scale back in the days of DBA 1.0

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son prefers 15mm - Mongols, Sung and Japanese. His Japanese got a second prize at Salute one year - went down to enter them in the Junior section, found he was a few months too old, so they went into the Senior section instead. Must take some photos of them - got plenty of his Mongols and Sung.

    ReplyDelete