Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 19 October 2014

Origins

Long ago I used to buy wargame figures at The Northern Garrison.

Less long ago I seem to have acquired the old Garrison ranges...

And soon I will be retiring them.

This blog is my way of keeping things going a bit. Eastern Garrison? I'm Garrison, I live in the East of England, seems the obvious title.

However, I don't want it to be just about Garrison. I'm interested in lots of the old classic figure ranges and hope to cover quite a few. Likewise, I like Ancients, but I do like other periods as well - mostly a time thing, how many things can you collect and paint at any one time? The picture heading this blog is of a mainly Lamming army. Quite deliberate, I wanted to start out the way I mean to go on - figures from lots of different manufacturers.

Now all I have to do is work out how to get pictures into the text at the right place... and yes, drag and drop plus centre. Sorted.

The chariot below was, for a long time, the general in my Persian army. Hinchliffe chariot, Lamming crew.

Couple of days after taking this photo I dropped it...


No comments:

Post a Comment